Historical and old photos of Echuca, Victoria
A small historical reference
Date of foundation: Small settlement known as Hopwood's Ferry grew, it became the town of Echuca. The Hopwood's Punt Post Office opened around 1854 and was renamed Echuca Post Office on 1 January 1855.
Population: 14 934
High Street, 1867
Old Post Office with Tower clock, 1897
Panorama of town street, 1867
Park - fountain, statue, water source and Arch, circa 1900
Pontoon bridge and punt Echuca, 'Bridge' Hotel on the hill, 1875
Railway station, 1867
View to business buildings A. W. Robertson and Wm. McCulloch & Co, 1867
Wool steamer 'Rodney' and barges, Echuca Wharf on the River Murray, 1893
Photos posted on the website in accordance with
Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.
After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.